The Boston University women’s football team will conclude a three-game home game on Wednesday when the Terriers host Holy Cross at Nickerson Field for a Patriot League game. Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m.
As part of Pride Week, fans will be able to stop by the marketing table to pick up a free BU pride sticker while supplies last.
- BU extended their winning streak to four games with a 1-0 home win over the American on Saturday.
- First-year student Eileen Solomon scored the winner in the 74th minute with the juniors Kayla ross and senior Ashley Raphael provide the aids.
- For Raphael, it was her second straight game with a point, as she scored the game-winning goal last Tuesday against Yale.
- First-year student Celia Braun and junior Gretchen Bennett each made a save for their third consecutive combined shutout, all of which were 1-0 wins.
- Solomon was named Patriot League midfielder of the week as a junior Ashley buck was selected as the league’s Defender of the Week.
- Senior Jenna oldham leads the Terriers in goals (4), assists (6) and points (14), with the seniors Marguerite Berry (3g), second year Abigail McNulty (2g, 2a) and senior Amy thompson (3g) tied for second on the team with six points each.
- Braun and Bennett have a split time in all 14 games this season.
- Bennett has allowed only one goal in his last seven appearances.
SCOUTING THE CRUISERS
- Holy Cross is 1-11-1 overall and 0-4-1 in the Patriot League this year after a 1-0 loss to Loyola Maryland on Saturday, the Crusaders’ fourth consecutive loss.
- Junior forward Katie Quinn is the team’s leading scorer with eight points on the team’s top four goals this season.
- Three of his four goals have been scored in the last eight games.
- Junior Colleen McIlvenna is second on the team with seven points thanks to three assists.
- First-year goaltender Olivia Dubin has started all 13 Crusaders games this season.
- She made two saves against the Greyhounds on Saturday.
STORY OF THE SERIES
- BU are 10-2-0 against Holy Cross, including a 1-0 win at Worcester last spring thanks to junior that of Geovanna Pereira goal.
- The Terriers’ only Patriot League loss to the Crusaders came on October 23, 2019 at Nickerson Field.
- Since BU joined the Patriot League in 2013, the Terriers are 7-1 against Holy Cross and outscored the Crusaders, 18-3.
- BU will travel to Lewisburg, Pa., To face Bucknell on Saturday, October 16.
- Game time is 2 p.m.