BOSTON- Continuing a six-game homestand, the Boston University softball team will return to Patriot League play by putting three different 16+ game winning streaks on the line against Holy Cross with the double header of Saturday and Sunday’s singles contest scheduled for a 12 p.m. debut on ESPN+.
After posting a 6-0 win over UMass on Wednesday, the Terriers have won their last 16 games and their last 20 at home. They are also currently on a 20-game conference winning streak that dates back to the middle of last season. The Crusaders also continue their streak in the weekend series after winning a home sweep against Central Connecticut on Thursday, 6-0, 5-1.
- BU began the current winning streak with a 6-4 win over Sacramento State on March 12 in California.
- After collecting multiple hits six times during a nine-game streak, the second Kayla Roncin has been held without a hit in two of the last three contests. She remains the team leader in batting average at .439 with 37 runs scored with senior Emily Gant second at .412.
- Graduate student Jen Horita warmed up with an 11-game hit streak with six multi-hit performances to increase her average to .346, while senior Aliyah Huerta-Leipner (.237) is on an eight-game hitting streak.
- glove and classmate Nicole Amodi (.298 avg.) are tied for the team lead at 33 RBIs. Glove, Roncin, Horita, second year Lauren Keleher (.337) and junior Caitlin Coker (.308) all have multiple triples this season.
- Junior Allison Booz (15-4, 1.49 ERA) earned his fourth Patriot League Pitcher of the Week award on Tuesday. She won just one more this season than her classmate Lizzy Avery (12-8, 2.52 ERA), who became the second Terrier to be ruled out from UMass. They’ve combined for 40 strikeouts in 37.0 innings of work so far against conference competition.
- Overall, BU is batting .307 as a team while holding their opponents at .239.
HOLY CROSS SCOUTING
- The Crusaders started conference play with two wins over Bucknell (2-1, 1-0) before dropping an 8-0 (5) decision. They then went 1-2 to Colgate and 0-3 to Lehigh with three of those losses decided by a combined four runs.
- HC posted a DH sweep at Hartford and also boast notable wins over Dartmouth and College of Charleston.
- Patriot League preseason pitcher of the year Kelly Nelson (9-12, 2.29 ERA) had 164 strikeouts in 137.2 innings while holding opponents to a .226 batting average. Megan Yurchick (4-11, 4.05 ERA) has 45 strikeouts in 65.2 innings of work.
- Jessica Mott is batting a team-high .333 with two home runs, 11 doubles, 13 RBIs and 14 runs scored with Claire McCann at bat at .295.
- Overall, as a team, HC is batting .246 while holding their opponents at .263, with the opponents posting a 42-20 advantage in stolen bases.
- BU is 43-8 all-time in the series dating back to 1989.
- The Terriers have won the last 16 meetings, including the two home meetings (11-3, 7-0) as well as the two road meetings (5-1, 4-0).
- BU are 20-1 all-time at home, losing the first-ever home game in 1990 (8-2).
- The Terriers will wrap up the homestand by hosting Boston College on Wednesday at 3 p.m.
- BU are on a 3-game winning streak after winning both games in BC last season, 5-0 and 3-2.