The Sacré-Coeur will honor the first responders
Rock Island’s Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart will honor Quad-Cities first responders at mass Sunday at 9 a.m.
The “Blue Mass” will include a special blessing, a Knights of Columbus honor guard and blessed Saint Michael medals.
Catholic Care Packs, which is a ministry developed by Tim Ott that distributes backpacks filled with basic necessities to the homeless, will also be blessed.
At the entrance to the church, a flag will fly between the deployed ladders of the fire trucks of the Rock Island and Moline Fire Departments.
Visit Little Open House on the Prairie
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat in Wheatland, Iowa, will be hosting a small open house on the prairie on October 3.
The event, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., includes a tour of the Sunrise Shop, gift bags of wildflower seeds, walking and golf cart tours, a scavenger hunt with prizes and music from the Barley House Band.
To register, email email@example.com, call 563-336-8414 or visit www.theprairieretreat.org. For online retreats, an email will be sent with a Zoom link.
- Mass in honor of Saint Francis and all creation: Oct. 6 am, 10 am; led by Father Jim Vrba.
- Bread Making: Without Fear, Without Fail Yeast Bread: Oct 12pm, 9am to 1pm; directed by Deb Monroe; fee, $ 30 includes ingredients, lunch.
- Introductory bee course: Oct. 13, 4 pm-6pm; directed by Robert Roe; fee, $ 20; class size limited.
- The choices we make: Oct. 15, 7 pm-8pm; starring Paula D’Arcy via Zoom; online, fee, $ 20. In person, fee of $ 80, including wine and discussion after the presentation; one night and one breakfast.
- How to find spirituality in your run: October 30, 7 am to 9 am; poems, passages about running read before sunrise run / jog / walk; led by Kent Ferris; refreshments after; costs, offer of goodwill for the benefit of the renewal of the project.