Holy Trinity School has been a religious educational resource serving local communities since 1916. As a 2011 United States Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence and an accredited mid-state school operating under the auspices of the school system in the Archdiocese of Newark, the school emphasizes the values of our faith and continually seeks to build a community where priests, parents, parishioners, students, teachers and other members of the staff share a common concern for the spiritual and educational growth of each individual.
The school has a faculty of certified teachers, educating children from kindergarten through eighth grade. In addition to the classroom teachers, the staff includes a full-time academic coach, a librarian, a computer teacher, three foreign language teachers, a physical educator. teachers and two art teachers.
Core subjects are taught using a variety of educational techniques and technologies; Lessons in Spanish, French, art, vocal and instrumental music and physical education are also part of the program.
Religion, as an integral part of the school curriculum, is taught daily and permeates all aspects of daily school activities. Students plan and participate in liturgies and experiences that give positive expression to their faith.
Facilities include a fully equipped library, computer and science labs, music room, prayer room, resource room, broadcast studio, gym/auditorium, dedicated art room and cafeteria . Technology has been fully integrated throughout the school. Wireless Internet access allows teachers to use their iPads, laptops, projectors and Smart Boards for daily interactive learning. Full sets of iPads are available for student classes. Teachers post their assignments online and use the Power School program for grades, progress reports and report cards, keeping parents informed of their children’s progress. Classrooms are also equipped with televisions, DVDs and computers to further integrate technology into the curriculum.
The Campus Montagne de la Sainte Trinité is located in the parish of Notre-Dame de Lourdes. This is an early childhood center, which offers a variety of preschool programs and full-day kindergarten.
Extracurricular activities include: chess, a literary magazine, a drama club, a choir, a robotics club, softball and volleyball for girls, basketball for boys and girls from kindergarten, the cross-country and spring track, cheerleading, golf, etc. scouting levels for girls and boys.
Extended day care is also available on both campuses.
Recognizing Jesus as the source and purpose of life, Holy Trinity School is committed to educating students in light of the Gospel message. Our primary responsibility is to lead students to realize that only Christ brings fulfillment. Thus, the Holy Trinity brings to each child a knowledge of Christ and His teachings. Each subject is influenced by the faith of the students and its precepts. Their personal conduct, relationships with others, attitudes, values, and goals are closely tied to their Christian beliefs.
At Holy Trinity, staff are committed to providing educational programs that recognize the dignity and uniqueness of each individual. We seek to provide systematic growth of knowledge and skills to prepare healthy and productive members of society. In a Christian environment, Holy Trinity uses both traditional and innovative teaching methods, so that students receive the best of each. Although the focus is on the basics, there are plenty of opportunities for the ‘new’ and the ‘unheard of’. Individual differences are identified to allow each child to develop a positive self-image and to work according to their potential.
Holy Trinity directs its students toward a God-centered life so they can live the Christian life in a modern society.
The distinctive Catholic character of Holy Trinity School is what sets it apart from other school options. The teachings of the Catholic Church permeate the entire program.
Objectives and strategies:
- Students and parents will be challenged regularly to follow the example of Jesus Christ and develop a lifelong personal commitment to Him.
- Our school will be distinctly Catholic and Christ-centered in its mission, religious values and curriculum.
- Our sponsoring parishes will encourage all Catholic families to enroll their children in Catholic school. Non-Catholics will be welcomed and their beliefs and traditions respected.
- Our collaborators will be regularly encouraged to deepen their commitment to faith, and to live their commitment on a daily basis.
- Our school will continue to be an integral part of our parish ministries.
At Holy Trinity School, religious education is integrated through:
- Atmosphere and environment on both campuses
- Practice and priority of daily prayer
- School liturgies and para-liturgies
- Seasonal prayer services
- Devotion to the Living Rosary
- Parade of the Saints presented by the 1st and 8th year partners
- May Coronation of devotion to the Blessed Mother
- Lenten Stations of the Cross
- In progress Community service projects and other Mountainside Campus activities
- celebration of Catholic school week.
Parish and priests
The school is co-sponsored by the following parishes
- Holy Trinity – Westfield, Rev. Bishop Joseph Masiello
- Our Lady of Lourdes – Mountainside, Reverend Richard Carrington
- Saint Helena – Westfield, Reverend Michael Saporito
Protect God’s Children
the Charter for the protection of children and young people has been approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops to protect all children in our care. Part of the goal of protecting the faithful from the specter of child sexual abuse that pervades our society, Article 13 of the Charter requires dioceses to assess the journey of all diocesan and parish personnel who come into contact regularly with minors. Based on the guidelines established in the Dallas Charter for the Protection of God’s Children, our Archdiocese has implemented several requirements for all parish staff, school staff, and all volunteers. To see: Protect God’s Children for more details.
Holy Trinity Primary School Class of 1958
Holy Trinity Parish Elementary School was established in 1916 under the pastorate of Bishop Henry Watterson. The school opened with a class of 12 students in first grade and a total of 130 students in six years. The Sisters of Charity of Convent Station, New Jersey, were on the school staff.
Construction of the Primary School building has begun at the corner of First Street and Trinity Place. Until the building was ready, four classes were held on the ground floor of the church and two in the attic of the choir. The primary school building was extended along Trinity Place in 1926.
The primary school moved to its present site in 1976. For nearly a century, Holy Trinity has prepared many thousands of young men and women for responsible roles in family, civic, business, professional and religious life in response to the call and demands of the total teaching mission of the Church.
The parishes of St. Helena, Our Lady of Lourdes, and St. Trinity began co-sponsoring the school in 1991. The school site remained in St. Trinity while governance was shared by the three pastors. The Holy Trinity Interparochial School’s Mountainside Campus opened in September 2002 in an existing building at Notre-Dame de Lourdes. This early childhood center offers a variety of preschool programs and full-day kindergarten.
Full-day kindergarten was added to the Westfield campus in 2014.