Hart Lawn Field | Worcester, Mass.
BOSTON – The Boston University field hockey team will close their 2021 season on Friday (October 29) when they visit Holy Cross. The teams are tied for fifth in the Patriot League standings.
Friday’s contest will feature a freshman erin petite facing his sister, Caitlin, who is a senior fullback for the Crusaders
- First-year student Payton Anderson will try to reach the 20 point mark as a rookie as she currently leads the team in points (19), goals (8) and shots (46).
- BU comes out of a three-game homestand in which it faced three consecutive ranked opponents.
- Elders Casey thompson and Rebecca Janes have six and five assists respectively this season.
- Junior Rachel Borzymowski ranks first in the Patriot League and tied for third nationally in defensive saves with six.
- Janes had 10 points (4g, 2a) in the Terriers’ two wins over Holy Cross last season and scored the winner in each game.
SCOUTING THE CRUISERS
- This will be the last game of a three-game homestand for Holy Cross to close the season
- Last weekend, the Crusaders won a 3-2 win over Villanova before losing a 1-0 game to La Salle.
- Five of Holy Cross’s six wins this season have come at home.
- Sophomore Sarah Potter (5b, 1a) and junior Sinead Walsh (3b, 5a) lead the offensive with 11 points each.
- Rookie Meggan Fourie is just behind them with 10 points on four goals and two assists.
- Junior Emma Lauber and sophomore Brooke Ross have timeshare in front of goals and combined for a 0.686 save percentage and 2.86 goals-against average.
STORY OF THE SERIES
- BU are 24-2-1 all-time against the Crusaders and have won the last 24 meetings dating back to 1983.
- The Terriers dominated Holy Cross twice last season, including a 5-1 Patriot League semi-final victory.