WORCESTER, Mass. – Abby Newhook, Alexie Guay and Sidney Fess each scored a goal while Abigail Levy made 23 saves as the Boston College women’s hockey team defeated Holy Cross, 3-1, at Hart Center Rink on Saturday night.
Fess netted his second of the year with seven minutes left in the opening frame, then Newhook tapped into a stream of Hannah Bilka with seven minutes left in the second period. Guay extended BC’s lead to 3-0 early in the third before Holy Cross capped the game 90 seconds later with a power play goal.
Boston College 3, St. Croix 1
Saturday January 22, 2022 | 6:00 p.m.
Hart Center Ice Rink | Worcester, Mass.
- BC is now 11-0-0 in the all-time series with Holy Cross…Eagles are 5-0-0 at Hart Center…head coach Katie Crowley is 11-0-0 all-time against the Crusaders.
- The Eagles had a 44-24 shots lead… Holy Cross went 1 for 3 on the power play while BC was 0 for 3.
- Abigail Levy made 23 saves for his 11th win of the season.
- Abby Newhook scored her sixth game-winning goal of the year…she is the first Hockey East rookie to score at least six game-winning goals in a season since Boston University’s Sarah Lefort scored seven in the 2012-13 season .
- Newhook finished with two points on a goal and an assist for its seventh multi-point game of the season.
- Kelly Browne recorded two assists for his 14th career multi-assist game and 25th career multi-point game…his pass on the Newhook goal marked his 16th career assist on a game-winning goal.
- Browne finished with a record 13 head-to-head wins.
- Alexie Guay and Keri Clougherty each finished with a record four blocked shots.
- Sainte-Croix: 3-20-0, 1-17-0 AET
- Boston College: 12-11-0, 10-8-0 HEA
- Boston College will host Providence College on Tuesday night.
- The 6 p.m. tilt will air live on NESN+.