CHESNUT HILL, Mass. – Kelly browne scored two goals and Hannah bilka and Abby newhook the two had two points as the Boston College No.10 girls’ hockey team dominated Holy Cross, 4-2, on Friday afternoon at Kelley Rink.
Browne and Gaby Roy scored early in the first and second periods, respectively, but the Crusaders tied the game before the second intermission. But Newhook scored the game-winning goal six minutes into the final quarter and Browne added an insurance goal 10 minutes later.
No. 10 Boston College 4, Sainte-Croix 2
Friday 19 November 2021 | 2:00 p.m.
Kelley Rink at Forum Conte | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- 1st, 2:50 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Hannah bilka entered the attacking zone from the right side and sent a pass through the low lunge which deflected towards Kelly browne to finish the left post.
- 2, 2: 16 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Abby newhook fed Gaby Roy in the neutral zone and Roy skated alone on Jada Brenon before finishing high.
- 2, 9:05 am | 2-1, HC GOAL: Mary Edmonds returned a pass in the mouth of the goal and Bryn Saarela passed it inside the post.
- 2, 16:26 | 2-2, HC GOAL: Edmonds caught a pass in the defensive zone and skated alone on the ice, finishing low in front Abigail Levy.
- 3, 6:32 | 3-2, BC GOAL: After hitting a neutral zone pass to the defensive blue line, Newhook skated on the left wing and when she hit the circle, landed a wrist shot to the left wing. inside the far post.
- 3, 17:07 | 4-2, BC GOAL: Browne picked up the puck in the defensive zone and skated on the ice. Browne then allowed a pass for Bilka and Bilka returned a pass at the top of the crease for a tap-in for Browne.
- Holy Cross had a 39-34 lead in shots on goal… the Crusaders got 0 for 5 on the power play while the Eagles were 0 for 2.
- British Columbia now holds an all-time series 9-0-0 record with Holy Cross, including a 5-0-0 mark at Kelley Rink… head coach Katie Crowley is 9-0-0 against the Crusaders.
- Abigail Levy finished with 37 saves for the Eagles… it was his 11th performance of at least 30 saves this season.
- Kelly browne recorded his fourth career multi-goal game and his 21st career multi-point game.
- Hannah bilka recorded his 16th career multi-point game and his seventh career multi-assist game.
- Abby newhook recorded her fifth career multi-point game… she scored her fourth career game-winning goal… she is now the first rookie to score four game-winning goals in a season since Andie Anastos ’17 scored four goals in his 2013-14 freshman season.
- Sainte-Croix: 2-12-0, 1-9-0 HEA
- Boston College: 8-4-0, 6-3-0 HEA
- Boston College and Boston University will renew the Battle of Comm Ave on Sunday with a 3-hour tilt at Walter Brown Arena.