CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Boston College women’s hockey team will face Hockey East foe Holy Cross in a home-and-away series this weekend. The Eagles are scheduled to host Game 1 at 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 21 before a 6 p.m. game on Saturday, Jan. 22 at Hart Center Rink.
All games this season will be available in the U.S. and internationally on SportsLive, while all games televised on NESN and NESN+ and other select games will also be available on CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports app. outside of New England.
GAME 22 | Holy Cross at Boston College
Friday, January 21, 2022 | 2:00 p.m.
Kelley Ice Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
GAME 23 | Boston College at Holy Cross
Saturday January 22, 2022 | 6:00 p.m.
Hart Center Ice Rink | Worcester, Mass.
WHAT WE HOLD
• Boston College and Holy Cross will close the regular season series this weekend with a home-and-away series.
• The Eagles host the Crusaders on Friday afternoon and then travel to Worcester on Saturday evening.
• British Columbia won the first game of the season, 4-2, on November 19 at Kelley Rink.
ABOUT BOSTON COLLEGE
• Boston College last played on Tuesday night, hosting the Northeast third and falling, 5-0…the Eagles played a two-game series against UConn last weekend, losing 3-0 to the road on Friday night, then giving up an extension. thriller, 4-3, at home Saturday.
• Abby Newhook led the way for BC against UConn, scoring their sixth multi-point game of the season on Saturday en route to their fourth Hockey East Rookie of the Week of the Year.
• BC is 10-11-0 overall with an 8-8-0 record in Hockey East.
• Newhook leads the Eagles with 17 points on nine goals and eight assists… Hannah Bilka is second with 16 points on eight goals and eight assists while shooting a team-high 80 shots on goal.
• In total, 20 players on the lineup scored at least one point, including the goalkeeper Abigail Levy with help.
• Levy is 10-11-0 in goal with a .933 save percentage and a 2.62 goals-against average… she has made at least 30 saves in 19 of 21 games.
• Katie CrowleyWomen’s hockey head coach Jane Rattigan is in her 15th season in charge of the Eagles.
ABOUT THE HOLY CROSS
• The Crusaders hosted Vermont for two games earlier this week, losing 3-1 on Monday and 9-0 on Tuesday.
• Holy Cross is 3-18-0 overall and 1-15-0 in Hockey East after claiming a 2-0 win over Boston University in November.
• Darci Johal leads Holy Cross in points (8) and goals (6)… Carlie Magier (4-3-7) and Mary Edmonds (3-4-7) had seven points each.
• Jada Brenon saw the majority of the time between the posts, posting a 2-13-0 record with a 3.70 goals-against average, .898 save percentage and one shutout… Madison Beck has a 1-5-0 with a .911 save percentage and 3.21 goals against average.
• Katie Lachapelle is in her third year as Crusaders head coach and fifth overall with the program…she was an assistant at Boston University for nine seasons (2008-2017).
SERIES HISTORY vs. HOLY CROSS
• BC is 9-0-0 in the all-time series with a record of 4-0-0 at Hart Center and 5-0-0 at Kelley Rink.
• British Columbia won the first game of the 2021-22 season, 4-2, on November 19, behind two goals from Kelly Browne and two points each of Hannah Bilka and Abby Newhook.
• The Eagles have won both meetings in the 2020-21 season, claiming a 3-2 win at Kelly Rink on January 21, 2021 and a 5-1 win the following night at the Hart Center… in the 5-1 victory, Alexie Guay scored twice while Kelly Browne had three points on a goal and two assists… Bilka scored the winning goal.
• The Eagles faced the Crusaders in Hockey East’s first-ever home game for Holy Cross on October 26, 2018… BC won 5-1.
• Browne has a team lead of 20 points against the Crusaders with nine goals and 11 assists…she had four assists in a 6-0 win on October 3, 2019…she scored her first career goal with the winning match at Holy Cross on October 26, 2018… Browne scored twice on November 24, 2018 and also on November 19, 2021.
• Bilka scored four goals against the Crusaders on October 3, 2019… she has 13 career points (6-7-13), including one shorthanded goal, one power play goal and three wins against Sainte-Croix .
• Browne (nine career games) and Bilka (six career games) each scored at least one point in every game they played against Holy Cross
• Olivia Finocchiaro had a four-point game against Holy Cross on October 3, 2019 with one goal and three assists.
• BC has 12 players with at least one point against the Crusaders.
• Maddy McArthur has two career shutouts against Holy Cross.
A VICTORY ON FRIDAY WOULD BE . . .
• Give Boston College an 11-11-0 overall rating and a 9-8-0 record in Hockey East.
• Bump BC at 10-0-0 all-time against Holy Cross.
PLEASE NOTE. . .
• The head coach Katie Crowley was named the 2022 NCAA Silver Anniversary Award winner earlier this week … she is one of two former college hockey players to win the award and one of three hockey coaches to do so.
• Alexie Guay leads all B.C. players in blocked shots with 37… Keri Clougherty blocked 31 shots and Deirdre Mullowney blocked 26… Kelly Browne leads all BC forwards in blocked shots with 14.
• Abigail Levy leads the nation in saves with 767 while also ranking in the top 12 in save percentage (.936)… she has stopped 30 or more shots in 19 of 21 games this season.
• Abby Newhook leads Hockey East and is tied for second in the nation and first among freshmen with four game-winning goals.
• Newhook have six multi-point games this year, including two multi-goal games.
• Hannah Bilka recorded at least one shot on goal in the 74 games she played for British Columbia, taking multiple shots on goal in 66 of them…
• BC is 19-2-1 all-time when Bilka scores.
• Browne is second in Hockey East and tied for 15th in the nation with 239 game wins… corson willow ranks eighth in the conference with 189 wins.